Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Summary

There are many new and exciting technologies to use in both my personal and professional life that I found using Web 2.0 training
With some of the technologies I need more time and perhaps a bit of assitance to investigate further
At home I love using Flickr to store images as it saves space on my computer and if my computer gets virus or crashes I don't have to worry about losing my treasured photos.
Google maps is also a bonus to use whether travelling or just getting around new suburbs.
Last year I helped my daughter set up a blog to keep in contact with family and friends while she was holidaying in Africa for 10 weeks. She found it easy to use and everyone enjoyed her updates.

At work, i think using podcasts and video to get information on our website to young people would be worthwhile as they are mediums young people are competent in and enjoy using.
Using Wikis when school classes visit would work well, especially when the children are after information on a particular topic.Using del.icio.us for class topics would also save time and effort searching for suitable websites for the children to use.

No comments: